Art & Personal Property Appraisals
At Hackwith Art Appraisals & Consulting, we have been providing both domestic and international clients with art appraisals, art asset management, and art consulting services since 1985.
Our thorough knowledge of the global, national, and regional art markets, our penchant for creative problem solving, passion for accurate, fact-based research, education and accreditation through the ISA (International Society of Appraisers) help us create appraisal reports that are accepted by any insurance company and in any court of law.
Full appraisals conform to the US government USPAP appraisal guidelines as well as the ISA (International Society of Appraiser) report requirements.
Call at 402.575.7665to speak with the team at Hackwith Art Appraisals & Consulting today!
Appraisal Services: Artwork Personal Property Household Contents
- Estate Settlement for Estate Attorneys & Private Individuals
- Divorce Settlement for Divorce Attorneys & Individuals
- Purchasing guidance for art Corporations & Private Individuals
- Asset Management for Corporations & Individuals
- Art Inventory
- Existing Collection Curation
- Existing Appraisal Updates
- Conservation Recommendations
- Downsizing for Corporations & Individuals: what should I keep?
- Charitable Donation
- Insurance Purposes
- Potential Sale
Art & Personal Property Appraisals Reviews
Why an acCredited Appraiser is Important
- Code of Ethics
- Current, Up-to-date Knowledge
- Appraisal Standards
- Market Trends
ART APPRAISAL FOR
INSURANCE Retail REPLACEMENT
An accredited, professional retail replacement appraisal affirms that:
- Item(s) are insured for the correct amount,
- Show proof that the property exists or existed,
- Prove the properties preexisting conditions in the event of loss, and
- Facilitate claim settlement by providing a detailed inventory, description, and itemized replacement cost.
ART APPRAISAL REPORT FOR CHARITABLE DONATIONS
- The appraisal determines the fair market value of the donated item(s) at donation date in regional markets.
- The Internal Revenue Regulation defines fair market value for donated purposes as, “The price at which property would change hands between a willing buyer and a willing seller, neither being under any compulsion to buy or sell and both having a reasonable knowledge of the relevant facts”.
- In other words, market value is the selling price for property in the open market such as an auction, a garage sale, or to a neighbor over the back fence.
ART APPRAISALS FOR ESTATE DISTRIBUTION
Understanding the current art market and various facets of art values are necessary when making decisions on how to distribute your assets fairly. The appraisal objective is to determine the fair market value of the item(s) at this date in time and within regional markets. It is the price that the property would sell for in the open market.
ART APPRAISALS FOR DIVORCE, BANKRUPTCY, & ASSET MANAGEMENT
Like Estate Settlement, understanding the current art/antiques/collectibles market and various facets of art and home contents values is necessary when valuing and distributing assets fairly for divorce and bankruptcy. The appraisal determines the market value of the item(s) at this date in time and within regional markets. It is the price that the property would sell for in the open market such as at an auction or a garage sale.
About the Appraiser
Holly Hackwith has been appraising fine art for over 30 years and is an accredited member of the International Society of Appraisers. She specializes in the appraisal of American and European paintings, sculptures, works on paper, business archives, antiques, household contents, documents, and memorabilia.
Holly’s in-depth knowledge of business, personal property appraising, corporate art appraising, and creative art consulting solutions makes her a force to be reckoned with. Over 33 years of direct sales experience, corporate art collection strategic planning, client art acquisition, accredited art appraisals, and continuing education have given her the tools she needs to solve tough problems and create satisfied clients.
An appraisal document with Holly Hackwith’s unbiased, independent opinion of value is accepted by all insurance companies, the Internal Revenue Service, and courts of law. This type of appraisal constitutes an investment to ensure that your valuable objects are fully protected and accounted for.
Art and Personal Property Appraisals…………….$150.00/hr
(antiques, documents, corporate document archives, historical memorabilia, household contents)
Corporate Art Consulting………….$150/hr or a negotiated set fee
Estate Household Content Appraisal………….quoted per project (Ex. 1 person, 2200 sq. ft. Estate – $4300)
Non-conforming Value Opinion………….$150, opinion valuation, not an appraisal but an abbreviated, informal valuation
Appraisal Research & Report Fees………….$150.00/hr (on average 3 hrs per item )
Travel time cost………….$50 trip charge + $50 per hour travel charge after 1st hour
Nationwide travel………….travel cost & lodging + per diem
50% deposit is required upon contract signing.
Balance is due before the digital delivery of the report.
Hard Copy Report Charge:
Report hard copies available at cost + shipping.
For Special Circumstances:
- Lodging…………. Current Rates
- Court Testimony/Attendance Fee, 4 hour minimum…$1500.00 four hours + expenses/ $3000.00 per day + expenses
- Trial preparation and testimony…………. $300.00/hr
The cost of an appraisal includes the expertise and time needed to thoroughly:
- Inspect, measure, and photograph
- Research and analyze the data
- Identify and research the appropriate marketplace
- Present an unbiased independent conclusion of value in a written report.